One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘That is, if journalists were talking about an innovative technology, or about a social concern, that that was a forewarner that the theme was going to become important.’
- ‘Owls are the forewarners of evil and death.’
- ‘He is our forewarner in uncertainty, our monitor in matters of doubt, our defender in danger, and our assistant in need.’
- ‘The middle speech was the first-party forewarner arguing persuasively for an exit exam requirement.’
- ‘Grape growers often use roses at the ends of the rows in the vineyard as forewarners of any diseases that might affect the vines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.