One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For example, for a fateful moment, such as the dispatch of a large shipment by sea, some exporters would require the advice of experts and outsiders, the counsel of foretellers, and the help of the Virgin Mary.’
- ‘Ultimately his priests achieved great influence owing to their reputation as foretellers of future events, who made known the will of the god.’
- ‘Someone has to become the foreteller of the future, and they start leading people toward it.’
- ‘We are in the best prophetic traditions, not foretellers, but forthtellers: we would like to say what ought to be, and we speak in the name of tradition in this way.’
- ‘Our research shows, however, that these foretellers of doom are being contradicted by actual practice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.