One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Goods brought by outsider merchants were to be sold only in official marketplaces, without any interference from hosts or forestallers.’
- ‘In practice juries were rarely interested in establishing whether a forestaller was aiming to create a monopoly or whether any degree of monopoly had in fact been created.’
- ‘If he knows anything of the arts, of history, of economics, or of science, he had better forget it, or else use it as a forestaller would a knowledge of the time when prices should be raised.’
- ‘Concerning this relationship, this interplay, contrasting views are to be found: for some religion was a forestaller of philosophical development, while for others it was a cause of the same.’
- ‘The machine innovators were frequently viewed in the same way the moral economy treated the forestaller and regrater in the marketplace.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.