The principal sail on a foremast.
- ‘Then he pulled down the sails and stored the foresail - more or less folded - in the small store room under the front deck.’
- ‘I used the concept of the sailing boat rig with foresail and mainsail in the 70's as a very slow flying hang glider.’
- ‘A gust of wind hit them as the mizzensail was unfurled, followed by the mainsail and the foresail.’
- ‘Other ships on the high-seas in the late 1700's and up to the end of the 1800's were the sloop, a single masted ship that could carry a mainsail, topsail and foresail.’
- ‘Next we had to set the course sail, the top sail of the forward mast, then the foresails out over the bowsprit.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.