One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Go before or indicate the coming of.‘the vast inquietude that foreruns the storm’
- ‘If I should write to you of all things which promiscuously forerun our ruin, I should over-charge my weak head and grieve your tender heart.’
- ‘An hour of this passed, when the vibrations of feet in contact with the ground foreran the one who approached.’
- ‘Mankind has never built a spacecraft of this shape, and I am moved anew when I realize that this very shape foreruns the form of future sample return spacecrafts.’
- ‘It had the swinging block style action operated with a finger-lever, which foreruns the Favorite.’
- ‘It is also showed that these later views foreran themes that were to be emphasized decades later by heterodox economists, particularly the Post Keynesian ones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.