The forwardmost division of a vessel's hull, often used in ships as a ballast tank.
- ‘These boats also incorporate the large aft engine rooms and the isolated forepeaks of their predecessors.’
- ‘I inspected most of the non-engineering parts of the vessel which included the holds, the bridge, double bottom tanks, topside tanks, forepeak, accommodation, galley and mess rooms.’
- ‘The forepeak on Dolphin Dance is intended for sail and gear storage but does have two pipe berths installed.’
- ‘There is a self-draining anchor locker at the forepeak for convenient storage of anchor and rode.’
- ‘On the main deck, the hull is arranged with forepeak, hydraulic pump room, accommodation section and fish handling area.’