One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of accounting skills to investigate fraud or embezzlement and to analyze financial information for use in legal proceedings.
- ‘It is the country's only professional course focusing on fraud examination and forensic accounting.’
- ‘Regan's work in forensic accounting has expanded the profession's vocabulary and broadened the definition of an accountant.’
- ‘This designation identifies specialists in investigative and forensic accounting, and financial litigation support.’
- ‘They are actually better at forensic accounting work than a High Court judge would be, he said.’
- ‘Mr. Joslin has considerable experience in forensic accounting.’
- ‘Lastly, let me talk a little bit about forensic accounting.’
- ‘So we saw good encouraging growth from both forensic accounting and in financial services.’
- ‘The lack of forensic accounting on this is a complete joke.’
- ‘My workload comprises an interesting mix of forensic accounting and corporate finance.’
- ‘Tim Phillips says that in recent years there's been a significant increase in the business of forensic accounting.’
- ‘His disclosure remained a difficult and significant problem and a proper forensic accounting was required.’
- ‘Stanley's efforts subsequently inspired the late broadcaster Jack Webster to dub him "the founder of forensic accounting."’
- ‘At the moment you have a significant rise in the forensic accounting business in Australia, a very significant increase.’
- ‘The University of Auckland is planning to introduce a dedicated paper in forensic accounting as demand grows.’
- ‘He specialized in forensic accounting, business valuations and complex accounting matters.’
- ‘Much like its gritty crime-scene cousin, forensic accounting tries to piece together the circumstances of a crime by reviewing physical evidence.’
- ‘She's been involved in numerous fraud and financial investigations and has lectured on the topics of fraud and forensic accounting both locally and abroad since 1995.’
- ‘They got an awful lot of forensic accounting to do.’
- ‘Mr Brown instead focused on the decisive contribution which "forensic accounting" can make to the fight against the terrorists.’
- ‘Itching for his next challenge, he began asking his dad about forensic accounting and career opportunities at Hemming Morse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.