One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural foreladiesNorth American
- another term for forewoman
- ‘The forelady of the jury was an African-American, who found the police officers to be entirely innocent.’
- ‘Whenever he does that, he always alerts the foreladies and they in turn intensify supervision.’
- ‘She'd long believed her forelady, Miss Henderson, disliked her.’
- ‘The new National Union's constitution forbade membership eligibility to foremen and foreladies.’
- ‘Usually, three section heads helped the head forelady supervise the whole packing or trimming procedure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.