One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A part of a system of sand dunes on the side nearest to the sea.
- ‘He was nearly up to the foredune when he landed it, and as the water ran back down the steep part of the beach I could see it was a small shark he'd hooked.’
- ‘Seabeach amaranth typically occurs on sparsely vegetated areas such as interdunal flats, overwash flats, lower foredunes, and points of non-eroding beaches.’
- ‘The plants' slender blades catch sand blowing inland and settle it into an ever taller foredune.’
- ‘In addition, modern and Holocene sediments were collected from an embayment fill succession, comprising a series of relict foredunes at Longbeach, Guichen Bay.’
- ‘Recycling, fencing and transplanting will encourage growth of new foredunes over buried structures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.