One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The deck at the forward part of a ship.
- ‘A sail blows off the foredeck and a spinnaker drum jams so they can't jibe on the downwind leg.’
- ‘The foredeck, side decks and entire cockpit is molded as one component to avoid joints that can fail.’
- ‘If forced to raft up alongside another vessel, walk across the foredecks, not through the cockpits.’
- ‘They also share many of the drawbacks inherent in this class, including foredecks that could be a lot safer.’
- ‘The easiest and safest passage to the foredeck is through the forward deck hatch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.