One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The deck at the forward part of a ship.
- ‘If forced to raft up alongside another vessel, walk across the foredecks, not through the cockpits.’
- ‘They also share many of the drawbacks inherent in this class, including foredecks that could be a lot safer.’
- ‘A sail blows off the foredeck and a spinnaker drum jams so they can't jibe on the downwind leg.’
- ‘The easiest and safest passage to the foredeck is through the forward deck hatch.’
- ‘The foredeck, side decks and entire cockpit is molded as one component to avoid joints that can fail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.