One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of taking possession of a mortgaged property when the mortgagor fails to keep up their mortgage payments.‘assistance for mortgage borrowers facing foreclosure’‘major increases in home foreclosures’
- ‘Perhaps the biggest fear any homeowner can have is foreclosure.’
- ‘Loss of income is one of the main causes of foreclosure.’
- ‘With interest rates now rising, there will be many foreclosures.’
- ‘A relative's legal troubles pushed her into foreclosure twice within the last two years.’
- ‘She contacted her lender, which helped her avert foreclosure.’
- ‘Unfortunately, lenders aren't always interested in the life circumstances that lead to foreclosure.’
- ‘Remember that once you begin discussing foreclosure, everything is a negotiation.’
- ‘Single family activity remains soft, with numerous foreclosures, particularly in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.’
- ‘For the nation overall, 14.78 percent of conventional subprime mortgages were past due, with 8.58 percent in foreclosure.’
- ‘The narrator's professional involvement in foreclosures, which I call the outer story, suggests a reason for his refusal to work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.