One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of taking possession of a mortgaged property when the mortgagor fails to keep up their mortgage payments.‘assistance for mortgage borrowers facing foreclosure’‘major increases in home foreclosures’
- ‘Loss of income is one of the main causes of foreclosure.’
- ‘Unfortunately, lenders aren't always interested in the life circumstances that lead to foreclosure.’
- ‘She contacted her lender, which helped her avert foreclosure.’
- ‘Perhaps the biggest fear any homeowner can have is foreclosure.’
- ‘The narrator's professional involvement in foreclosures, which I call the outer story, suggests a reason for his refusal to work.’
- ‘Remember that once you begin discussing foreclosure, everything is a negotiation.’
- ‘With interest rates now rising, there will be many foreclosures.’
- ‘Single family activity remains soft, with numerous foreclosures, particularly in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.’
- ‘A relative's legal troubles pushed her into foreclosure twice within the last two years.’
- ‘For the nation overall, 14.78 percent of conventional subprime mortgages were past due, with 8.58 percent in foreclosure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.