One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[NO OBJECT]Ice Hockey
Play an aggressive style of defense, checking opponents in their own defensive zone, before they can organize an attack.
- ‘He consistently works hard, forechecking and backchecking every shift.’
- ‘The thought there is that teams are reluctant to forecheck against a goaltender who basically acts as a third defenseman and can move the puck up the ice very efficiently.’
- ‘They are the same: they come out strong, they forecheck hard, they play a sound defensive game.’
- ‘The Sabres rarely forechecked aggressively, and Peca's biggest job was usually to shut down the opponent's top center.’
- ‘They forecheck aggressively and try to force mistakes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.