One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who predicts or estimates a future event or trend.‘economic forecasters are predicting a downturn’
- ‘Expected inflation varies by the forecast horizon considered by the forecaster.’
- ‘These forecasts are the average of a limited number of forecasters.’
- ‘He plans to sell the promotional rights to the rankings to the stations with the best forecasters.’
- ‘Business forecasters are well acquainted with the challenges of the task.’
- ‘Recently, the projections of many top forecasters have taken an optimistic turn.’
- ‘Strategic behavior of forecasters provides a theoretical explanation for biased consensus forecasts.’
- ‘In previous decades, long-run population forecasters have not had a very proud record.’
- ‘Events do have a habit of confusing forecasters.’
- ‘The procedure is not dependent upon having all forecasters represented in each forecast period.’
- ‘Customers are usually slower to embrace new products than forecasters predict.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.