One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A caddie who goes ahead of golfers to see where the balls fall.
- ‘Then, the forecaddie typically will hop on the back of the cart until the group reaches the first ball.’
- ‘If a single decides to take a forecaddie, we ask the minimum gratuity be $80 based on performance.’
- ‘I suppose a forecaddie can prove useful considering the hilly terrain, but Lost Canyon's forecaddies smack of a military escort.’
- ‘As at Sea Island and other high-end resorts, a forecaddie is included in the price of the green fee and cart.’
- ‘Since it's a tournament, this forecaddie also gets a lot of advance notice of upcoming rounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.