The anterior part of the brain, including the cerebral hemispheres, the thalamus, and the hypothalamus.Also called prosencephalon
- ‘Studies will look at critical windows for brain development in the forebrain and hindbrain and will attempt to link exposures or disturbances at these times to subsequent behavior.’
- ‘Over time the neural tube expands at one end to form an embryonic brain with constrictions marking the forebrain, midbrain and hindbrain.’
- ‘They injected the animals' forebrains with a harmless virus carrying the gene responsible for expressing the receptors.’
- ‘Their forebrains are fused into a single indivisible whole, and they always die at birth.’
- ‘The result of the questionnaire is of course merely opinion, but here opinion corresponds rather closely with the evolution of the forebrain and cerebral cortex.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.