One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The anterior part of the brain, including the cerebral hemispheres, the thalamus, and the hypothalamus.Also called prosencephalon
- ‘The result of the questionnaire is of course merely opinion, but here opinion corresponds rather closely with the evolution of the forebrain and cerebral cortex.’
- ‘Their forebrains are fused into a single indivisible whole, and they always die at birth.’
- ‘They injected the animals' forebrains with a harmless virus carrying the gene responsible for expressing the receptors.’
- ‘Studies will look at critical windows for brain development in the forebrain and hindbrain and will attempt to link exposures or disturbances at these times to subsequent behavior.’
- ‘Over time the neural tube expands at one end to form an embryonic brain with constrictions marking the forebrain, midbrain and hindbrain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.