One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He added, forebodingly: ‘It is difficult to predict the motives of prosecutors and independent counsels who may in the future decide to pursue unwarranted charges based on [the War Crimes Act].’’
- ‘‘I saw him watching me to see my reaction to everything,’ she says forebodingly.’
- ‘I had pictured the place as nothing more than a few scattered farmhouses and a fence separating the highway from a faraway, forebodingly off-limits military base.’
- ‘Too late for that, an inner voice told him forebodingly.’
- ‘He laughed forebodingly and snapped his fingers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.