The putout of a base runner who is forced to go to the next base.
drive out, expel, force out, throw out, remove, remove from office, remove from power, eject, get rid of, depose, topple, unseat, overthrow, bring down, overturn, put out, drum out, thrust out, push out, turn out, purge, evict, dispossess, dismiss, dislodge, displace, supplant, disinherit, show someone the doorView synonyms
- ‘When it is an inning-ending forceout, the pitcher can take the throw like an outstretched first baseman to pick up the out.’
- ‘He managed to pick up the ball, crawl to third base for the forceout, and then fainted.’
- ‘But alert Galena coaches noticed Cole and Garcia never made it to their next bases, leaving the forceouts intact.’
- ‘It can be by virtue of a hit, a putout, an error, a forceout, a fielder's choice, a passed ball, a wild pitch, a balk, or a stolen base.’
- ‘In the 14th, he did it again, getting Stephen Drew and Carlos Quentin to ground into forceouts.’