One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveZoology
- ‘These zooxanthellae may be found in many marine invertebrates, including sponges, corals, jellyfish, and flatworms, as well as within protists, such as ciliates, foraminiferans, and colonial radiolarians.’
- ‘If these sediments become cemented together, they form foraminiferan limestone that is exposed in cliffs and often creates overhanging ledges that provide excellent habitat for fish.’
- ‘Thus, although mollusks and foraminiferans of the area have been studied extensively, additional collecting is necessary to fully describe the brachyuran fauna.’
- ‘For example, the pink sands of Bermuda get their color from the shells of a foraminiferan called Homotrema rubrum which has pink to red-colored shells.’
- ‘Tube walls have simple pores and are constructed of radiolarian and foraminiferan tests, sand grains and/or fragments of sponge spicules, connected by a cement of some kind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.