One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveZoology
- ‘These zooxanthellae may be found in many marine invertebrates, including sponges, corals, jellyfish, and flatworms, as well as within protists, such as ciliates, foraminiferans, and colonial radiolarians.’
- ‘If these sediments become cemented together, they form foraminiferan limestone that is exposed in cliffs and often creates overhanging ledges that provide excellent habitat for fish.’
- ‘Tube walls have simple pores and are constructed of radiolarian and foraminiferan tests, sand grains and/or fragments of sponge spicules, connected by a cement of some kind.’
- ‘For example, the pink sands of Bermuda get their color from the shells of a foraminiferan called Homotrema rubrum which has pink to red-colored shells.’
- ‘Thus, although mollusks and foraminiferans of the area have been studied extensively, additional collecting is necessary to fully describe the brachyuran fauna.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.