Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large agricultural machine for harvesting forage crops.
- ‘The proposed tariff on combine harvesters and forage harvesters may result in significant increase of duty, from 5% to an estimated 15% ad valorem equivalent.’
- ‘Forage was clipped at a height of 50 cm once a day using a forage harvester.’
- ‘He said the car hit Mr Greenheld's tractor and forage harvester as the farmer was turning right out of a field at Yatts Farm.’
- ‘A study was conducted to quantify whole-body Vibration emission and likely operator daily exposure levels associated with the normal operation of self-propelled forage harvesters.’
- ‘The product is then corralled into a shoot, which empties into a large truck beside the forage harvester.’
- ‘This becomes more important with high capacity forage harvesters requiring a greater distance for swaths to be moved.’
- ‘There are suggestions that to comply, a driver of a combine, tractor, potato or forage harvester would have to work for as little as two hours each day.’
- ‘The herbage was allowed to wilt for approximately 48 h and was then chopped with a forage harvester and conserved as previously described for Trial 1.’
- ‘The invention relates to a forage harvester with hydraulically driven collecting members.’
- ‘The New Holland Used Equipment Locator has listings for used self propelled forage harvesters and used trailed forage harvesters from many manufacturers.’
- ‘Due to the clearances in the housing by the nature of flywheel design, in the event of a foreign object getting into the machine, Mengele forage harvesters are much less prone to major blow ups.’
- ‘The job of a forage harvester is simply to chop a crop such as corn into animal feed.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.