One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As an abbreviation or nickname.‘the File Transfer Protocol, or FTP for short’
- ‘Today was meant to be the day of the Big Omiya Barbeque, or BOB for short, but BOB had to be changed.’
- ‘Yes I am a pedantic conspiracy theorist, or jaded old cynic for short.’
- ‘I think I'll just call it something like Broomhilda's broom or broomy for short.’
- ‘It makes even more sense because the airport at Los Angeles, as we all know, is called LAX for short and is also a hole.’
- ‘Our best idea yet, is to call it Tropical Intelligence Team, or T.I.T. for short.’
- ‘Weblogs, or blogs for short, are a cross between a diary, a web site, and an online community.’
- ‘The recommended way of doing this in general is with Cascading Style Sheets - css for short.’
- ‘With neat transatlantic symmetry, it is known as the Press Association, PA for short.’
- ‘We could call the journey the Yorkston Acoustic Movement or YAM for short.’
- ‘We won't ask you to try and pronounce her name as she is called Gosha for short.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.