One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Until a later time.‘that's all the news there is for now’
for the time being, for the moment, for the present, for the meantime, for a little whileView synonyms
- ‘Maybe I'd find my own ground someday, but for now I am too much in love with the vagabond in me.’
- ‘I am naturally intense and a poor sleeper, but for now I have ceased to suffer from insomnia.’
- ‘Only a series of eleventh-hour conversations persuaded him to hold his fire - at least for now.’
- ‘So please dispose of rubbish thoughtfully, and keep it to the minimum for now.’
- ‘I promise I'll write to you when I get a chance but for now I'll only speak to you in my mind.’
- ‘But for now, it is the angry voices of Britain's inner cities which are being heard the loudest.’
- ‘But he says the five-year sentences were strict enough to get the right message across for now.’
- ‘The mailing address post office box will remain open for now, until other arrangements are made.’
- ‘So for now, the gym will do just fine. I must like it - I even went in on my day off!’
- ‘I'm told that one of the rules of being a lady is to avoid revealing everything all at once, so I'll leave it at this for now.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.