One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As an example.‘take Canada, for instance’
- ‘For instance, suppose you wish to throw your opponent with, say, the ankle throw to the right.’
- ‘For instance when a couple quarrel they often forget the matter in hand.’
- ‘For instance, the EU suggests keeping cheeses at temperatures that will not endanger human health.’
- ‘For instance, pressure on the abdomen can cause or relieve corresponding back pains.’
- ‘For instance, I Wish I Was the Moon is quite possibly the best ballad in years.’
- ‘For instance, people demand food because of the nourishment it offers them.’
- ‘There may, for instance, be specific evidence pointing to a clear boundary to the market.’
- ‘For instance, they suggest that a third of seats in the government should be reserved for women.’
- ‘For instance, he suggested cities share some of their infrastructure with rural neighbors.’
- ‘Beware of people who say they can find you a specific marble mantelpiece, for instance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.