One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverb & adjective
- nonstandard spelling of forward, used to represent a nautical pronunciation
- ‘There is also some accommodation space, and the for'ard section features an enclosed section to protect sailors.’
- ‘And somebody they didn't, they just ignored me, and didn't answer, they just said, ‘Take him to the wardroom, for'ard’.’
- ‘At the limit of the 30m visibility, greater amberjack were shoaling around both for'ard sections.’
- ‘Here the passing of Brennan, Cashin, English Hayden and O'Brien in particular had both vision and accuracy, even if the occasional ball for'ard of the half-way line went astray.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.