One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His modern-day company is a shaft of light into a world he once straddled with an unprecedented combination of foppishness and fear tactics.’
- ‘Its foppishness, the daily lazy routine of not beginning the day till late into the afternoon; the emphasis placed on poets and poetry and other cultural activities make for interesting reading.’
- ‘Despite what you may have heard, dandyism is the antithesis of foppishness.’
- ‘As we watched, we were mainly struck by the self-involved foppishness of all the central characters.’
- ‘By 1720 Restoration foppishness had given place to the dignity of the first Georgian period.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.