One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Despite what you may have heard, dandyism is the antithesis of foppishness.’
- ‘As we watched, we were mainly struck by the self-involved foppishness of all the central characters.’
- ‘His modern-day company is a shaft of light into a world he once straddled with an unprecedented combination of foppishness and fear tactics.’
- ‘By 1720 Restoration foppishness had given place to the dignity of the first Georgian period.’
- ‘Its foppishness, the daily lazy routine of not beginning the day till late into the afternoon; the emphasis placed on poets and poetry and other cultural activities make for interesting reading.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.