One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Outer coverings for the feet, such as shoes, boots, and sandals.
- ‘The club advises that suitable clothing and footwear should be worn and rain proofs brought along.’
- ‘An Afghan boy came to look curiously at my sports shoes, footwear Afghan women never wear.’
- ‘They are the timeless sneakers: relaxed footwear that is effortlessly stylish.’
- ‘When you start getting soggy feet, you know it's time to bin your footwear and get another pair.’
- ‘Proper footwear and a good pair of sandals with exposed toes, but no heel strap, is recommended.’
- ‘He found one man without any boots and asked him what had happened to his footwear.’
- ‘I am very particular about my footwear, and actually feel embarrassed by these shoes.’
- ‘As an Italian, she held strong opinions on stylish footwear, and pulled a face at my shoes.’
- ‘Any footwear which is kept in place by two toes should be condemned.’
- ‘Sneakers are a good choice of footwear and walk with lots of drinking water!’
- ‘It came along about the same time as this whole retro, cleaner footwear emerged.’
- ‘As far as developing your own brand of footwear, it's also a much heavier investment.’
- ‘Women like me who arrived in kitten heels need sensible footwear and no one wants to smell bad.’
- ‘Faced with a wide range in footwear, the shoe we pick touches us in some way.’
- ‘He was only a little bit taller now, around six feet if one didn't count his footwear.’
- ‘Some years ago, in many countries, children's feet and footwear were x-rayed regularly.’
- ‘For instance, in the United States demand peaks for footwear are in the first and third quarters.’
- ‘It was a waste of a good pair of shoes and nothing gets under my skin more than ill-used footwear.’
- ‘It will weatherproof footwear, safeguard wounds, and soothe chapped lips.’
- ‘Einstein himself would have been sent home to change, sandals without socks being his default footwear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.