The short supporting stalk of a leaf or flower, or various stalklike structures in animals.
- ‘Its body lies on the ground and only a 10-20 cm long footstalk stands ending in an inflorescence.’
- ‘There is visible a four-leaf rose and footstalk with two leafs on the seals.’
- ‘The leaves spring from the root on very long footstalks, and are divided at three or four parts.’
- ‘The leaves stand on long footstalks and are glabrous above and downy white beneath.’
- ‘The lower leaves, with very short, sheathing footstalks, are large and spreading, reaching more than a foot in length, broadly triangular in outline and tripinnate.’