One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bridge designed to be used by pedestrians.
- ‘Oval-shaped, windowed meeting rooms open directly onto the footbridges, as do small common areas with copiers and fax machines.’
- ‘On nights when the fires are ablaze, the streets, river walks, and footbridges surrounding Waterplace Park bustle with people.’
- ‘A temporary footbridge will be erected for pedestrians while Fryerning Lane bridge is removed and replaced.’
- ‘For example, with pedestrian accessibility a top priority, he applauds structures connected to each other by footbridges.’
- ‘The architects had originally designed a suspension type footbridge to cross the Garavogue River.’
- ‘From the end of the lane, cross the river by the footbridge alongside the railway bridge and then turn right along the riverbank.’
- ‘During severe floods only the crown of the A363 road bridge and the nearby footbridge are above water level.’
- ‘Of course there is one answer for rail travellers, and that would be a footbridge over the railway lines connecting the two platforms.’
- ‘Opposite, the Berliner Bogen is reached over a footbridge spanning a shallow pool.’
- ‘The new footbridges replace a narrow, angst-ridden walkway that ran along the Hungerford Railway Bridge.’
- ‘At the end of the footbridge is a little pedestrian crossing.’
- ‘Plans to extend a footbridge at York Railway Station creating a short cut for hundreds of commuters have been given the green light.’
- ‘The troubled project has seen two new footbridges installed over the railway line to improve safety.’
- ‘The two footbridges have been carefully designed and will enhance the aesthetic look of the completed scheme.’
- ‘They laboured up the steps of one of the many pedestrian footbridges crossing Sukhummvit Road.’
- ‘Work involved restoration of the Podgill viaduct, repairs to the farm bridge and two over bridges plus a new footbridge.’
- ‘In the summer of 1987 there was a turning point of sorts, I was sat on the steps of a footbridge over railway lines in Towyn north Wales.’
- ‘Bridges or footbridges on the whaler are washed by the storm, so you have to be very careful not to fall into the sea.’
- ‘The idea of linking the Easton Road car park with the platforms by a pedestrian footbridge was first mooted 26 years ago.’
- ‘We crossed the Weld using the footbridge at the controversial bridge site, riding up the south side of the valley.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.