One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bridge designed to be used by pedestrians.
- ‘We crossed the Weld using the footbridge at the controversial bridge site, riding up the south side of the valley.’
- ‘For example, with pedestrian accessibility a top priority, he applauds structures connected to each other by footbridges.’
- ‘Opposite, the Berliner Bogen is reached over a footbridge spanning a shallow pool.’
- ‘At the end of the footbridge is a little pedestrian crossing.’
- ‘They laboured up the steps of one of the many pedestrian footbridges crossing Sukhummvit Road.’
- ‘Bridges or footbridges on the whaler are washed by the storm, so you have to be very careful not to fall into the sea.’
- ‘The two footbridges have been carefully designed and will enhance the aesthetic look of the completed scheme.’
- ‘During severe floods only the crown of the A363 road bridge and the nearby footbridge are above water level.’
- ‘On nights when the fires are ablaze, the streets, river walks, and footbridges surrounding Waterplace Park bustle with people.’
- ‘Oval-shaped, windowed meeting rooms open directly onto the footbridges, as do small common areas with copiers and fax machines.’
- ‘In the summer of 1987 there was a turning point of sorts, I was sat on the steps of a footbridge over railway lines in Towyn north Wales.’
- ‘Plans to extend a footbridge at York Railway Station creating a short cut for hundreds of commuters have been given the green light.’
- ‘The troubled project has seen two new footbridges installed over the railway line to improve safety.’
- ‘A temporary footbridge will be erected for pedestrians while Fryerning Lane bridge is removed and replaced.’
- ‘The new footbridges replace a narrow, angst-ridden walkway that ran along the Hungerford Railway Bridge.’
- ‘From the end of the lane, cross the river by the footbridge alongside the railway bridge and then turn right along the riverbank.’
- ‘Of course there is one answer for rail travellers, and that would be a footbridge over the railway lines connecting the two platforms.’
- ‘The architects had originally designed a suspension type footbridge to cross the Garavogue River.’
- ‘Work involved restoration of the Podgill viaduct, repairs to the farm bridge and two over bridges plus a new footbridge.’
- ‘The idea of linking the Easton Road car park with the platforms by a pedestrian footbridge was first mooted 26 years ago.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.