One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An insole in a boot or shoe, used for cushioning or to provide a better fit.
- ‘Burberry has a flip-flop with its trademark plaid encased in a clear plastic footbed.’
- ‘Look for a model with a wider-and-higher toe box, a stiffer sole and an anatomical footbed with a metatarsal button.’
- ‘Mephisto makes shoes with a 100 percent biodegradable latex midsole, a natural rubber sole, and a footbed made of pure natural cork.’
- ‘Custom orthotics or footbeds made from 21st century materials can be a helpful step toward pain-free skiing.’
- ‘Sporty yet stylish, these Old Navy slip-ons feature a contoured and textured footbed that provide plenty of support and comfort.’
- ‘But they still couldn't beat the ST - 9's rubber heel footbed patch.’
- ‘I use custom footbeds in my cycling shoes, but they offer little relief.’
- ‘These boots sport handcrafted stitching, lightly distressed waxed leather for durability, and a steel shank and multidensity footbed for support.’
- ‘Socks and footbeds finally catch a little R&D love - and your feet rejoice.’
- ‘Made from suede, they boast a cushioned footbed, a slip-resistant sole, and a snug fit.’
- ‘Thanks to the form-fitting footbeds and Vibram outsoles, these backless wonders breeze through pushy terrain.’
- ‘The TW logo, designed in-house, will be shown on the apparel, in the footbed of the shoes and on hang tags.’
- ‘Made from premium leather, they feature a lightly-padded footbed and a flexible sole for added walking comfort.’
- ‘Simply bake your Sole footbeds for two minutes in a 200-degree oven.’
- ‘If you are buying ski boots, get them properly fitted with footbeds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.