One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tabletop version of soccer in which players turn rods fixed on top of a playing box and attached to miniature figures of players, in order to flick the ball and strike it toward the goal.
- ‘Bigger kids could try a bungee-trampoline combination, or play in a human foosball game.’
- ‘The new and expanded break room included an air hockey table, and foosball and ping-pong tables.’
- ‘So I put in the ball and we started the most high-paced foosball game I have ever played.’
- ‘But it didn't take many years of experience to realize that glibness is a minor talent, like being good at video games or foosball.’
- ‘Throughout the evening, we watched and laughed along as the kids played H-O-R-S-E, pinball, foosball and pingpong.’
1960s: from German Fussball ‘football’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.