One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an unwise manner; stupidly.‘they were condemned for acting foolishly’‘I foolishly wasted my money’‘foolishly, I decided to give it a go’
stupidly, idiotically, ineptly, inanely, senselessly, unwisely, ill-advisedly, incautiously, indiscreetly, short-sightedlyView synonyms
- ‘They were idiotically, youthfully and foolishly in love and enjoying every minute of it.’
- ‘I'm actually quite looking forward to being the sober one that can remind them all tomorrow how foolishly they were acting!’
- ‘When we got back to the car, whose top I had foolishly left open, the seats were hot as griddles.’
- ‘Was she just stupid, or foolishly did she think she could change him?’
- ‘I made the mistake of eating too many starters, foolishly thinking I'd still have plenty of room for the main dishes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.