A system of interlocking and interdependent food chains.
- ‘Another difference between models is in the method of controlling the connectance of a food web system.’
- ‘Tiny aquatic organisms called phytoplankton live in the ocean, providing the basis for the food web.’
- ‘Sharks, like all top predators, play a critical role in keeping the marine food web in balance.’
- ‘The structure of a food web also affects the stability of the system.’
- ‘Most of these studies have focused on linear food chains, although natural food chains are seldom isolated from the surrounding food web.’