One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vacuole with a digestive function in the protoplasm of a protozoan.
- ‘Myzocytotic uptake of prey cell cytoplasm leads to a food vacuole with a single membrane separating two cytoplasmic compartments.’
- ‘The remaining vacuoles seen in Figure 2.1 and 2.2, may be food vacuoles.’
- ‘Due to the acid environment in the P. falciparum food vacuole, all histidine residues in the model were modeled using the AMBER HIP residue.’
- ‘Control cells make approximately one food vacuole per minute and therefore appear full of black dots.’
- ‘Trophic positions were determined from published accounts of food preference, direct observation of feeding, inspection of food vacuoles, and knowledge of culture requirements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.