Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A vacuole with a digestive function in the protoplasm of a protozoan.
- ‘Due to the acid environment in the P. falciparum food vacuole, all histidine residues in the model were modeled using the AMBER HIP residue.’
- ‘Myzocytotic uptake of prey cell cytoplasm leads to a food vacuole with a single membrane separating two cytoplasmic compartments.’
- ‘The remaining vacuoles seen in Figure 2.1 and 2.2, may be food vacuoles.’
- ‘Control cells make approximately one food vacuole per minute and therefore appear full of black dots.’
- ‘Trophic positions were determined from published accounts of food preference, direct observation of feeding, inspection of food vacuoles, and knowledge of culture requirements.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.