Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large vehicle equipped with facilities for cooking and selling food.‘new gourmet food trucks take the street-food game to a higher level’
- ‘"This is a quiet country," he said, sitting in front of the Oakland food truck he's owned for 10 years.’
- ‘Foodies aren't just fans, they use the discourse of critics to suggest they have the aesthetic acumen to proclaim the absolute "best" of some cuisine and vigourously debate the relative merits of each dish or inventive food truck.’
- ‘San Francisco's small army of food trucks feeds happy consumers every day.’
- ‘The food truck filled with her homemade Dominican delicacies is her livelihood.’
- ‘A food truck can cost less than $20,000 to start, including city permit fees as low as $1,660.’
- ‘Now American food snobs are separating themselves from regular snobs by lining up outside food trucks.’
- ‘"I went down to the farmers' market at South Station, saw a food truck, purchased a BLT."’
- ‘Everyone was outside congregated around the food truck, just having a good time.’
- ‘They pay high rents, only to see food trucks parking free on their doorsteps.’
- ‘One of the more interesting takes on barbecue is at the Krave, a food truck in Jersey City, which opened in August and has a following on Twitter.’
- ‘She returns to the food truck to serve her customers, a steady group made up mostly of cab drivers.’
- ‘You could get just about anything from a food truck in Midtown Manhattan - from waffles and schnitzel to halal chicken and lamb over rice - despite the fact that street vending is for all intents and purposes illegal there.’
- ‘I decided that, even if it was on a food truck, I was going to roast my own beef, and mix my own dressings, and do all this stuff kind of New York Jewish deli style.’
- ‘No new shoes but a plea from the food truck sponsoring the kid's home for more hot dogs and 'sarnies' to be consumed.’
- ‘As I tucked into a delicious bowl of laksa, we hatched a plan to open a food truck and call it Lekker Laksa (lekker being Afrikaans for all things tasty and delicious).’
- ‘So last year he began creating fusion dishes like coconut curry chicken with sour cream and roast pork with salsa verde, and taking them on the road in a food truck he has christened Dos Chinos.’
- ‘She worked as a cook in a restaurant and in her brother's food truck.’
- ‘Her latest venture involves the launch of an organic fast food truck, called the Flying Pig.’
- ‘He operates a food truck parked daily near the Rikers bridge, and he also offers many insights about the conditions under which a businessman operates just outside the largest prison in the city.’
- ‘The food truck that's now the couple's life came at no small cost.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.