One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A nutritional diagram in the shape of a pyramid, especially (in the US) the Food Guide Pyramid.
- ‘Canyon Ranch includes herbs and spices on its own food pyramid because they provide so much flavor to lower-fat meals.’
- ‘Nutritionists from the organization are asking the government to revise the food pyramid based on this evidence.’
- ‘‘Kids don't read or study the food pyramid,’ he said, so product presentation to them is all important.’
- ‘The government unveiled a new food pyramid this week.’
- ‘In my opinion, the USDA's food pyramid is not effective and has caused an increase in obesity and dysglycemia.’
- ‘In an effort to reduce the problem, the USDA unveiled the first ever food pyramid specifically for kids, but not everyone was impressed.’
- ‘In my opinion, it should have sat at the top of the food pyramid.’
- ‘Yes, Larry, my question for the doctor is regarding the food pyramid that is established for our school systems.’
- ‘But the U.S. Agriculture Dept.'s new food pyramid is a place to start if you're contemplating better eating habits.’
- ‘Many feel that the food pyramid isn't dramatically flawed; it's just dangerously vague.’
- ‘Other than water, protein is the starting point for the bodybuilding version of the food pyramid.’
- ‘The food pyramid has outlived its usefulness and the Department of Agriculture is looking to give it an extreme makeover.’
- ‘I'm expecting big things from all this fruit consumption, and if I don't get it, someone in charge of the food pyramid is going to get cut.’
- ‘Last time I checked fast food restaurants are not listed on the food pyramid.’
- ‘But his mom always found a way to make sure they ate the right amount of Vitamins each day, taking him to every part of the food pyramid.’
- ‘Well, for your info, yes, we're going to learn about the food pyramid next week, in Health.’
- ‘Could this be why the wealthy have abandoned them like last week's food pyramid?’
- ‘Now, I could just point to the government's recommended food pyramid and say, ‘Eat that.’’
- ‘The diet will conform to the prescribed food pyramid, allowing for fats, oils and sweets besides cereal, rice, milk and vegetables.’
- ‘At least we're done talking about the food pyramid in Health.’
A graphic representation of predatory relationships in the food chain, in which various forms of life are shown on different levels, with each level preying on the one below it.
- ‘Quammen emphasizes how the placement of predators at the top of the food pyramid makes them especially vulnerable to habitat destruction.’
- ‘This is certainly not the case in living communities, in which carnivores are at the top of the food pyramid and thus are much less abundant than herbivores.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.