One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Illness caused by bacteria or other toxins in food, typically with vomiting and diarrhea.
- ‘This will enable experts to quickly finger culprit microbes in food poisoning outbreaks.’
- ‘If your child has Clostridium food poisoning, symptoms will probably pass in a day or two.’
- ‘Greasy pig disease, a kind of eczema, may also be producing toxins which contribute to food poisoning.’
- ‘With other types of food poisoning, the bacteria multiply in the body first before causing symptoms.’
- ‘Nearly a quarter of outbreaks of food poisoning are blamed on poultry.’
- ‘For further information about food poisoning, please see the separate encyclopaedia topic.’
- ‘We will see less food poisoning, fewer medical infections, and fewer fires.’
- ‘You have to do a special test to find out if the bacteria that causes food poisoning and can kill was present.’
- ‘Investigation revealed the cases were caused by bacteria food poisoning.’
- ‘Initially doctors thought she had salmonella food poisoning.’
- ‘The most common cause of bacterial gastroenteritis is food poisoning.’
- ‘Some types of normal intestinal bacteria can cause food poisoning.’
- ‘Gastroenteritis may be caused by food poisoning, or by infection with a bacteria or virus.’
- ‘When added to food, honey can slow the growth of some of the bacteria that cause food poisoning.’
- ‘The recall follows a major outbreak of food poisoning this month when 14,000 people fell ill after drinking tainted milk.’
- ‘Food allergy can be mixed up with a food intolerance or food poisoning.’
- ‘Most food poisoning is caused by bacteria that multiply rapidly.’
- ‘You're going to find tips and help hot lines for everything from food poisoning to tick bites.’
- ‘A total of 130 people have now been affected by a massive outbreak of food poisoning in Bradford.’
- ‘Three weeks before the Athens Olympics she was struck down by food poisoning and appendicitis and lost 5kg in body weight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.