One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Illness caused by bacteria or other toxins in food, typically with vomiting and diarrhea.
- ‘When added to food, honey can slow the growth of some of the bacteria that cause food poisoning.’
- ‘Gastroenteritis may be caused by food poisoning, or by infection with a bacteria or virus.’
- ‘Food allergy can be mixed up with a food intolerance or food poisoning.’
- ‘Initially doctors thought she had salmonella food poisoning.’
- ‘Some types of normal intestinal bacteria can cause food poisoning.’
- ‘The recall follows a major outbreak of food poisoning this month when 14,000 people fell ill after drinking tainted milk.’
- ‘Nearly a quarter of outbreaks of food poisoning are blamed on poultry.’
- ‘Greasy pig disease, a kind of eczema, may also be producing toxins which contribute to food poisoning.’
- ‘We will see less food poisoning, fewer medical infections, and fewer fires.’
- ‘Most food poisoning is caused by bacteria that multiply rapidly.’
- ‘With other types of food poisoning, the bacteria multiply in the body first before causing symptoms.’
- ‘The most common cause of bacterial gastroenteritis is food poisoning.’
- ‘If your child has Clostridium food poisoning, symptoms will probably pass in a day or two.’
- ‘A total of 130 people have now been affected by a massive outbreak of food poisoning in Bradford.’
- ‘You have to do a special test to find out if the bacteria that causes food poisoning and can kill was present.’
- ‘This will enable experts to quickly finger culprit microbes in food poisoning outbreaks.’
- ‘For further information about food poisoning, please see the separate encyclopaedia topic.’
- ‘You're going to find tips and help hot lines for everything from food poisoning to tick bites.’
- ‘Three weeks before the Athens Olympics she was struck down by food poisoning and appendicitis and lost 5kg in body weight.’
- ‘Investigation revealed the cases were caused by bacteria food poisoning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.