One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A protruding stomach caused by eating a large quantity of food and supposedly resembling that of a woman in the early stages of pregnancy.‘a very small bump was visible in the tight frock, although it could easily have been mistaken for a food baby’
- ‘But whether her rounded belly is carrying a food baby or a real one remains a mystery for now.’
- ‘The salty caramel milkshake was absolutely delish and left me with a food baby through lunch the next day.’
- ‘You know you haven't eaten enough until you get a food baby!’
- ‘I'm the proud mama of a food baby due to tonight's wedding anniversary sushi feast.’
- ‘Just had the biggest dinner ever!!! Now I have a food baby!’
- ‘I never had trouble getting a seat on the train or bus, even in the early days when my belly could have been just a food baby.’
- ‘The size 20 jeans I've just bought are the only ones that fit around the food baby and don't look like clown pants around my hips and thighs!’
- ‘The days you do feel like you've got a food baby going on, get some exercise and write about what you feel and see if you can find a pattern.’
- ‘I woke up, went downstairs to get in the shower, looked at myself in the mirror and was just horrified at the state of the food baby.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.