One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of pale yellow Italian cheese.
- ‘Sprinkle the chives on top, followed by the grated fontina cheese.’
- ‘Thin veal is sandwiched between sharp fontina and a half dozen thin stalks of pungent asparagus.’
- ‘Here, they're suffused with fontina and pecorino and swathed with tomato sauce.’
- ‘If you can't find it, substitute another firm, flavorful cheese, such as fontina.’
- ‘Italian varieties such as fontina and Asiago have increased in popularity.’
- ‘Spread a layer of béchamel over truffles and layer with chicken, mushrooms, tomato confit, fontina cheese and another layer of sauce.’
- ‘A lesser-known Italian cheese is Piedmont's fontina, which is the essential ingredient in fonduta, Italy's version of the Swiss fondue.’
- ‘A large boneless breast of chicken was stuffed with fontina cheese and sundried tomatoes and then topped with béchamel sauce and fresh pesto.’
- ‘It's a chicken pizza with a white sauce, like a zesty, ranchy sauce, that has broccoli, onions, fresh sage, Gorgonzola, and fontina.’
- ‘There are recipes for flatbread and pizza and even a Philly Cheese Steak that's made with sirloin and fontina.’
- ‘If Gorgonzola is your thing, it's also in the quattro formaggio along with pungent swiss, fontina and mozzarella.’
- ‘The Gold offers hints of fontina, Gruyère and Parmesan.’
- ‘Spread pocket bread with sautéed mushrooms and fontina cheese; bake until cheese is melted, then dollop with fruit chutney.’
- ‘Melt the butter, add the cheese - start with fontina and Gorgonzola, and add the pecorino and Parmesan last.’
- ‘The thin-crusted pizzas are tops, with seasonal embellishments like trumpet royale mushrooms, fontina cheese, and thyme.’
- ‘Add the reserved broth, fontina, Parmesan, walnuts, parsley and some salt and pepper.’
- ‘Over the past year there has been an increased awareness of certain Italian varieties, such as asiago, fontina and fontinella.’
- ‘The folded half-moon, a sort of quasi-calzone, hides a cache of fontina cheese gigged with emphatic sun-dried tomato: simple and effective.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.