One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Affection or liking for someone or something.‘I remember him with great fondness’‘I have a fondness for spicy food’
affection, love, liking, warmth, tenderness, kindness, devotion, care, endearment, feeling, sentiment, attachment, closeness, friendliness, familiarity, intimacyliking, love, taste, partiality, preference, keenness, inclination, penchant, predilection, fancy, relish, passion, proclivity, appetiteView synonyms
- ‘She loved the old songs and traditional music and retained a fondness for them to the end.’
- ‘Millar didn't care much for sentiment, but he remembered Bilsland with some fondness.’
- ‘Not alone was he a perfectionist but he brought a great sense of devotion and fondness to his work.’
- ‘He even believes their fondness for each other profoundly affected the course of events.’
- ‘But she was not too upset, for she knew it was a gesture of fondness and respect for Hector Quintero.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.