One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Potatoes trimmed in the shape of eggs, fried in butter and then baked.
- ‘It was served with black olives, fondant potatoes and mash potatoes with capers.’
- ‘I have made fondant potatoes since I first started cooking.’
- ‘Their complete menu included a starter of seared scallops with mo-jo infused spinach, fondant potatoes and a red pepper coulis.’
- ‘Arrange a bed of vegetables and place fondant potatoes on top.’
- ‘We also ordered oversized fondant potatoes which defeats the purpose entirely.’
- ‘It came served on fondant potatoes with button onions and bacon lardons, finished with a truffle and red wine jus.’
- ‘Foolishly, I opted for breast of Barbary duck with fondant potatoes, wilted spinach and a light lentil and butter sauce.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.