One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Socialists and communists (despite their own macho inclinations) were seen as the fomenters of feminine indiscipline.’
- ‘And here are the American fomenters of disorder.’
- ‘Crass never went about anything in an orthodox manner during their tenure as fomenters of dissent from 1977 to 1984.’
- ‘In fact, the academies were as much fomenters as symptoms of a major change.’
- ‘On the other, they have seen them as fomenters of sectarian discord in what should be the united Arab nation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.