One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in golf, baseball, and other sports) continue one's movement after the ball has been struck or thrown.
- ‘Wilson followed through to force the ball past his former team mate, receiving a knock in the process.’
- ‘Jessica slid her hands down as she continued to follow through on the choreography.’
- ‘As his knees unbend, his right hand follows through toward the target.’
- ‘Berard was struck in the eye by the stick of the Senators' Marian Hossa, who was following through on a shot.’
- ‘I did as he told me, keeping my eyes focused on the back of the target ball as I smoothly followed through with the cue.’
- ‘When batting lefthanded, Castillo will try to release his top hand as he follows through after contact.’
- ‘All you need is a Belichick-like game plan and the courage to follow through with it.’
- ‘His right knee followed through and struck Frankie's groin with such force that he was thrown several feet into the air.’
- ‘Watch the fingers as the player follows through.’
- ‘The goal came about after Doran had collected a sideline ball from Walsh and followed through to the back of the net.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.