Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the hair follicles.
- ‘Some people develop folliculitis, infected hair follicles.’
- ‘Gram-negative folliculitis should be suspected if inflammatory acne worsens after several months of oral antibiotic therapy.’
- ‘However, it may also resemble seborrhea or folliculitis.’
- ‘This inflammation of the entire follicle or the deeper portion of the hair follicle (isthmus and below) is called deep folliculitis.’
- ‘It is unclear whether they are true neoplasms or fibrous reactions to minor trauma, insect bites, viral infections, ruptured cysts, or folliculitis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.