Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland which promotes the formation of ova or sperm.
- ‘The minimal initial endocrine evaluation should include serum testosterone and serum follicle-stimulating hormone levels.’
- ‘This chemical stimulates the pituitary gland to produce follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone.’
- ‘An elevated follicle-stimulating hormone test may be helpful in diagnosing menopause when the history is unclear.’
- ‘Both luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone were, on average, low.’
- ‘They will occur even before the onset of irregular periods or before follicle-stimulating hormone levels become elevated.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.