Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A style of popular music incorporating elements of folk and electronic music.‘this is as perfect an example of melodic folktronica as one might hope to find’[as modifier] ‘a folktronica band’
- ‘In the meantime, we're going to experience a wave of typical "folktronica" albums, some better than others.’
- ‘Also, Nyles Lannon from this band is a glitchy folktronica artist in his own right and is definitely worth checking out.’
- ‘I suppose, given the acoustic instrumentation, many critics will rush to connect it to the folktronica of Four Tet et al, but forget all that.’
- ‘He is quickly becoming an influential part of London's popular folktronica scene.’
- ‘From essence of post-rock to alternative folktronica, Partir always appear torn between minimal tendencies and over-layered effects.’
- ‘How do you feel about the "folktronica" label?’
- ‘Occasionally dubbed "folktronica", SRW are doing their best to give soothing, trance-like instrumental music a good name.’
- ‘Your music is often labelled as 'folktronica' or 'laptop folk', which hardly sums up your work.’
- ‘The nascent folktronica has had its share of electronic composers come to the fore, enlisting the use of acoustic instruments for their source material.’
- ‘But, if you're looking for something to sink your teeth into, you can do much better on the other side of the folktronica spectrum.’
- ‘But Brooklyn-based duo Ill Lit soon quiet any suspicions that they deviate from this tradition, despite bearing the folktronica tag.’
- ‘Minotaur Shock explores sonic grounds set between the wonderful electronic world of Boards Of Canada and the folktronica of Four Tet.’
- ‘Prefuse 73 brings the hip-hop electronic mastery while The Books dish out their brand of folktronica and it's all done so fluidly, the hybrid feels more like a new band than a combination of two.’
- ‘Small Moments and The Big Romance are two albums of chilled folktronica, all acoustic guitars and somnambulant beats.’
Early 21st century: blend of folk and electronica.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.