One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of popular music incorporating elements of folk and electronic music.‘this is as perfect an example of melodic folktronica as one might hope to find’as modifier ‘a folktronica band’
- ‘Prefuse 73 brings the hip-hop electronic mastery while The Books dish out their brand of folktronica and it's all done so fluidly, the hybrid feels more like a new band than a combination of two.’
- ‘Minotaur Shock explores sonic grounds set between the wonderful electronic world of Boards Of Canada and the folktronica of Four Tet.’
- ‘I suppose, given the acoustic instrumentation, many critics will rush to connect it to the folktronica of Four Tet et al, but forget all that.’
- ‘Small Moments and The Big Romance are two albums of chilled folktronica, all acoustic guitars and somnambulant beats.’
- ‘Occasionally dubbed "folktronica", SRW are doing their best to give soothing, trance-like instrumental music a good name.’
- ‘He is quickly becoming an influential part of London's popular folktronica scene.’
- ‘But, if you're looking for something to sink your teeth into, you can do much better on the other side of the folktronica spectrum.’
- ‘How do you feel about the "folktronica" label?’
- ‘From essence of post-rock to alternative folktronica, Partir always appear torn between minimal tendencies and over-layered effects.’
- ‘Your music is often labelled as 'folktronica' or 'laptop folk', which hardly sums up your work.’
- ‘In the meantime, we're going to experience a wave of typical "folktronica" albums, some better than others.’
- ‘The nascent folktronica has had its share of electronic composers come to the fore, enlisting the use of acoustic instruments for their source material.’
- ‘Also, Nyles Lannon from this band is a glitchy folktronica artist in his own right and is definitely worth checking out.’
- ‘But Brooklyn-based duo Ill Lit soon quiet any suspicions that they deviate from this tradition, despite bearing the folktronica tag.’
Early 21st century: blend of folk (sense 2 of the noun) and electronica.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.