One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The way of life of a rural or traditional community.
- ‘Croce, curator of the Smithsonian centre for folklife and cultural heritage, and a team of colleagues, visited Scotland for 10 days.’
- ‘Theater and dance have a strong tradition in France, both in the classical sense and in the realm of folklife.’
- ‘It was a joy to be able to show the athletes and their mentors the Museum and the national folklife as depicted here in the Museum.’
- ‘It is now time to examine those early immigrant cultures that joined Native Americans to build the foundations of southern folklife.’
- ‘Munfla has gone on to become one of the largest archives of recorded sound in Canada, with major holdings in folklore, folklife, oral history, and popular culture.’
- ‘The national folklife collection captures the unique heritage in Ireland and is now preserved to pass on to future generations.’
- ‘In this essay, folklore, folklife, and folk culture are used more or less interchangeably.’
- ‘But his main interest in life was in the folklife of the local fishing industry.’
- ‘He also met some of the major folklore and folklife Scandinavian scholars of the day including C. W. von Sydow and Sigurd Erixon.’
- ‘The aim of this essay has been to demonstrate that the identification of old-world sources for southern folklife is crucial to understanding this distinctive regional culture.’
- ‘Impressed by the poetic treatment of African American folklife but desirous of a lengthier manuscript, Liveright suggested that Toomer enlarge the work.’
- ‘It was not possible for them to imagine disability in relationship to folk culture and folklife.’
- ‘I was taking notes like an anthropologist about the strange folklife of the office.’
- ‘This success is testament to the hard work and commitment of all those who helped to bring the national folklife collection to this spectacular location.’
- ‘In 1970, a reconstruction was made of ‘what the custom may have looked like at the time it was banned’ by a group of local individuals involved in folklife studies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.