One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The way of life of a rural or traditional community.
- ‘He also met some of the major folklore and folklife Scandinavian scholars of the day including C. W. von Sydow and Sigurd Erixon.’
- ‘It is now time to examine those early immigrant cultures that joined Native Americans to build the foundations of southern folklife.’
- ‘In 1970, a reconstruction was made of ‘what the custom may have looked like at the time it was banned’ by a group of local individuals involved in folklife studies.’
- ‘Croce, curator of the Smithsonian centre for folklife and cultural heritage, and a team of colleagues, visited Scotland for 10 days.’
- ‘This success is testament to the hard work and commitment of all those who helped to bring the national folklife collection to this spectacular location.’
- ‘But his main interest in life was in the folklife of the local fishing industry.’
- ‘Theater and dance have a strong tradition in France, both in the classical sense and in the realm of folklife.’
- ‘The aim of this essay has been to demonstrate that the identification of old-world sources for southern folklife is crucial to understanding this distinctive regional culture.’
- ‘I was taking notes like an anthropologist about the strange folklife of the office.’
- ‘In this essay, folklore, folklife, and folk culture are used more or less interchangeably.’
- ‘It was not possible for them to imagine disability in relationship to folk culture and folklife.’
- ‘Munfla has gone on to become one of the largest archives of recorded sound in Canada, with major holdings in folklore, folklife, oral history, and popular culture.’
- ‘Impressed by the poetic treatment of African American folklife but desirous of a lengthier manuscript, Liveright suggested that Toomer enlarge the work.’
- ‘It was a joy to be able to show the athletes and their mentors the Museum and the national folklife as depicted here in the Museum.’
- ‘The national folklife collection captures the unique heritage in Ireland and is now preserved to pass on to future generations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.