Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process of being split into thin sheets or laminae.
- ‘Fine-grained biotite, muscovite and recrystallized quartz grains define the shear foliation.’
- ‘Associated with the folding is an axial planar foliation, which is especially strong at flow unit boundaries.’
- ‘The mylonitic foliation in the hanging wall is subparallel to the thrust plane.’
- ‘Both his and our data indicate a main foliation that consistently dips moderately west.’
- ‘The data indicate vertical shortening normal to the mylonitic foliation in the granites.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.