Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Nutrients supplied to the leaves of a plant.
- ‘I've also given the pepper plants a magnesium foliar feed as one of them has leaves which are turning yellow.’
- ‘Here at the Natural Gardener, we use John's Recipe as a foliar feed every other week through out the year.’
- ‘I have written about the wonders of using liquid kelp as a foliar feed in my book on growing tomatoes.’
- ‘Ferrous sulphate applied as a foliar feed works well also, because the leaf uptake portion is quick.’
- ‘I can always see a difference in my roses when I use Monty's joy juice as a foliar feed with my fungicide.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.