One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Paper money; banknotes.
cash, hard cash, ready moneyView synonyms
- ‘Ben was stunned when the resulting bill came to folding money.’
- ‘‘The simple and irrefutable truth,’ he writes, ‘is that no human being would rather break his back in the cotton field than take in good folding money by making records.’’
- ‘Twenty years ago, my wage was paid weekly in folding money.’
- ‘He wasn't short of folding money.’
- ‘There are few places in Mexico that congregate so many people with so much folding money in their pockets.’
- ‘He disliked Mekki and some of the other 10 pilots he had named; he was paid hundreds of dollars for each false report and he liked the folding money.’
folding money/fōldiNG ˈmənē/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.