One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of folic acid.
- ‘Other nutrients that are needed to make red blood cells include iron and folate (folic acid).’
- ‘This is due to the role folate plays in methyl donation in the body.’
- ‘Most nicotinic acid and half the folate in foods are not absorbable.’
- ‘Other vitamins that are needed to manufacture red blood cells include folate (folic acid) and vitamin B12.’
- ‘This risk only appeared in women who did not eat enough folate or folic acid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.