One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for folic acid
- ‘They are a good source of dietary fiber, folacin, iron, and Vitamin C.’
- ‘For instance, the chemotherapy drug methotrexate looks like the B-vitamin folacin, but does not work like it.’
- ‘Folic acid, also known as folacin and pteroylglutamic acid, is one of the B-complex vitamins that interact with vitamin B12 for the synthesis of DNA.’
- ‘The stalks are a good source of vitamins C and A and provide plenty of folacin (another vitamin).’
- ‘A good source of vitamins A and C and folacin, cantaloupes are an easy-to-prepare breakfast.’
- ‘Robichon-Hunt and Robbins have reported that 39% of Canadians' folacin intake comes from vegetables and fruit.’
- ‘Except for calcium and folacin intakes, mean nutrient intakes from food sources met or exceeded recommended levels.’
- ‘Folic acid, also known generically as folate or folacin, is a member of the B-complex family of vitamins, and works in concert with vitamin B 12.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.